1. Turn all lights on for each showings. (This will make you more money.)
2. Paint any areas that are peeling. Before the appraiser notices and before the buyer tries to negotiate.
3. Have the furnace and air conditioner checked, serviced, and cleaned prior to the inspection.
4. Have the carpets cleaned for a faster sale.
5. Price your home at or just 1% below market to bring you a quicker sale without negotiating.
6. Keep the agent informed of any showings lasting longer than 30 minutes.
7. Declutter all areas of your home – what you can live without, pack.
8. Keep boxed items in storage or stacked neatly on one wall in the garage.
9. Change light bulbs to the highest wattage acceptable to the fixture.
10. Negotiate quickly and remember your first offer is most likely your best offer.